What's an eCourse? An eCourse is conducted by email, with the class material delivered to your email box. Email classes are an innovative way to learn skills and get help with issues related to the topic. Email classes are created with convenience and use of ease in mind. Classes delivered to your emailbox allow you the ease of learning at home, at your own pace, without using complicated technology. All of the class materials are accessible from your computer, repeatedly. All you need is email and an Internet connection (at first) and you can take a class!
Why enroll in an eCourse?
- Learn from experienced coach and trainer, Laurie Geary, who has helped hundreds of individuals just like you to learn new skills, realize their goals, and create a more fulfilling life.
- Walk away with strategies to help you become more assertive, or have more confidence, or take better risks for personal/professional growth.
- You can work at your own pace, in the comfort of your home/office, without bothering with complicated technology or tying up your phone line.
- You can take an eCourse when you need it....and not have to wait for a much needed class schedule.
- Choose from a variety of topics to meet your needs and goals (see below).
- eCourses are less expensive than personal/professional coaching.
- Get individualized coaching related to your eCourse, if desired.
- Clarify the difference between Assertiveness and Aggressiveness (and UnAssertiveness)
- Learn why we Say YES when we want to say NO
- Understand the risks and benefits of being UnAssertive/Assertive/Aggressive
- Take an assessment to determine your level of Assertiveness
- Learn the assertive skills of Fogging - Broken Record - Confrontive I-Message (with Active Listening) - 6-Step Problem Solving Model
- Learn and practice Anxiety and Anger Management techniques (when using Assertive skills)
- Learn how to deal with Difficult People
RISK TO GROW - with the 8 R'S OF RESPONSIBLE RISK-TAKING
- What is Responsible Risk-Taking? Smart vs. Dumb Risks
- What type of risk taker are you? Do your risk profile. Take a personal risk assessment.
- What is the Risk-Taking Process? View a model for Risk-Taking that leads to Personal/Professional Growth.
- Identify and prioritize the risks you want to take NOW
- Identify your Blocks to Risk Taking and learn how to Reduce or Eliminate them
- Learn how to best prepare to take responsible risks with the 3-Step Risk-Taking Method.
- Learn how to take Responsible Risks with each of the 8 R's of Responsible Risk-Taking: Research - Reserves - Relationships -
- Risk Muscle - Reduce Blocks - Relaxation - Rehearse - Review
- Learn how to get over your Edge - and take that Risk!
BUILD YOUR SELF ESTEEM with the AWESOME 8 - A SYSTEM.
- Learn how the experts define Self Esteem
- Identify the Characteristics of High Self Esteem and how you can build these characteristics within yourself.
- Take a Self Esteem Assessment to determine your level of self esteem
- Identify what Blocks your Self Esteem Growth and how to reduce/eliminate those obstacles
- Learn how self esteem is developed over our lifetime and how you can continue to develop your self esteem now with
the 8 A's of Building Self Esteem: Acceptance - Acknowledgment - Achievements - Affiliations - Assertiveness - Attraction - Affirmations - Attitude
- Become Aware - take Action - be Accountable in order to Accelerate your Self Esteem development.
- Learn how to become more Authentic
Trainings offered in two-hour to half-day to whole day or longer formats...
Or Trainings can be custom-designed to meet the needs of your group...
The content within each seminar can also be learned through
individual coaching sessions for maximum growth & personal development.
MAXIMIZING YOUR POTENTIAL THROUGH
Take an assessment test, identify your goals,
and learn how to achieve your potential for
a fulfilling and joyful life NOW.
- What is Coaching?
- Who is Coachable? (Take the Coachability Index)
- What are the benefits(short-term & long-term) of coaching?
- Coaching Skills: Listening/Relating/Messaging/Requesting/Challenging/Empowering/Intuiting...
- Develop a strong Personal Foundation and become Irresistibly Attractive
- Identify your Needs and Values through the Needless and TruValues
- Take other Personal Assessment Tests based on your needs and interests
- Coaching Demonstrations and Skill Practice
- Learn how to become a Coach yourself
- and much much more!
New Approach to Building your Self Esteem and Getting What You Want for
a Balanced and Fulfilling Life
THE PATH to PERSONAL GROWTH:
- Learn the 28 Principles of Attraction and How to Apply Them
- Take Personal Assessment Tests to Determine and Build upon your
- Learn Ways to Become More Attractive:
- Reduce and Zap Tolerations
- Build a Reserve
- Become Incredibly Selfish
- Set and Raise Personal Standards
- Establish and Extend Personal Boundaries
- Create Delicious Daily Habits
- Restore your Integrity
- Improve your Attitude
- Invest in your Life
- Build a Strong Personal Foundation
- Identify Resources for further learning and growing...
Learn effective assertiveness skills and techniques to improve
your relationships at work and at home.
& PROFESSIONAL EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING:
- Learn how to get control of your life
- Learn the difference between Assertive and Aggressive Behavior
- Identify the pros & cons of being Assertive, Aggressive, UnAssertive
- Identify your blocks to Assertive Behavior
- Identify the areas in your life where you need to be more Assertive
- Learn effective Assertive Skills: constructive confrontation (I-messages),
gear-shifting to Active Listening, the broken record technique, self-disclosure,
anger-reduction techniques, negotiation skills, and more.
- Identify resources for further learning and information
Course in learning how to communicate more openly, honestly, and directly;
to listen more accurately; to stand up for what you need without depriving
others of their needs; to influence others to be more considerate of your
needs; to use a six-step method for reaching good decisions and solving
problems; and to plan and control your life more effectively.
Teaching Materials: Textbook, workbook, cards and more
- Exploring Needs and Wants
- Learning Self Disclosure
- Preventing and Resolving Conflicts
- Confronting Effectively and Constructively
- Handling Anxiety and Managing Anger
- Clarifying and Resolving Values Conflicts
- Planning for and Supporting Personal Effectiveness (on the job
and at home)
- Setting Goals
Teaching Methods: Short lectures, small group discussions, demonstrations,
workbook exercise, readings, charts & overheads, experiential exercises.
RETURN TO EXPERIENTIAL
Learn ways to work more effectively
and efficiently with your staff or group as a manager/leader or employee.
RETURN TO EXPERIENTIAL
- Identify what makes up an effective work group/team
- Take an assessment of your leadership/work/personality style, especially
MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
- Learn how to best work together with your group/team
- Do experiential exercise to understand how you and your group work
together as well as how
to improve your working relationships
- Learn how to best motivate your team or yourself
- Learn effective decision-making and problem-solving techniques
- Examine the qualities that make up a successful leader, identify
different leadership styles and
learn situational leadership skills
- Identify resources for further learning/information
Initiatives for Networking, Energizing, Team-Building and just Plain
Learn how to reduce stress in your personal and professional
life in order to live a more fulfilling
and healthful and longer life:
- Examine the physiologic stress response (the General Adaptation
syndrome: the fight or flight response, eustress vs. distress, burnout,
Type A behavior, signs/symptoms/sources of stress, effective and ineffective
- Identify your signs/symptoms/sources of stress through a variety
of assessment tools
- Identify the effective & ineffective stress management strategies
that work for you
- Learn new stress management strategies and techniques, such as:
- Relaxation Techniques: Diaphragmatic Breathing, Meditation, Creative
Progressive Relaxation, the Relaxation Response, etc.
- Cognitive Restructuring: Identify and learn to stop or reduce
negative self talk
which creates stress
- Affirmations & Validations:Learn positive statements and
visualizations to reduce stress
and create the life you want.
- Assertiveness Training: Learn effective communication and conflict
to reduce stress created by your relationships at home or at work
- Fun & Games & Humor: Techniques and Experiences to reduce
- Identify resources for further learning & information
INSTITUTE (T.E.I.) COURSES
(certified instructor since 1987)
All courses include a textbook, workbook, and other teaching tools and
Learn the proven skills and techniques of resolving conflicts
within a group or with an individual.
BUILDING SELF ESTEEM:
TO EXPERIENTIAL PAGE
- Understand the sources of conflict: personal, cultural, environmental
- Understand the role of emotions in conflict and learn how to handle
- Learn the five styles of conflict resolution nd when to use them:
Accommodation, Compromise, Collaboration, Control
- Learn the principles of win-win negotiation/problem-solving
- Learn how to be an effective mediator
- Learn the effective skills of conflict resolution: Active
Confrontive I-Messages, and Gear-Shifting
- Understand the relationship of diversity with conflict
- Learn the PII (Prevention/Intervention/Invention) Model
- Identify resources for further learning
Our self-esteem is our reputation with ourself! Building our
self-esteem is an on-going process
throughout our lifetime. Learn how to build self-esteem within yourself
as well as within others.
TO EXPERIENTIAL PAGE
- Understand the sources of self-esteem: familial, cultural, environmental,
professional in order to better accept and resolve past influences
- Learn a Theoretical Model for Building Positive Self-Esteem:
- Identity-Strengths & Weaknesses-Nurturance-Maintenance
- Learn Effective Techniques & Skills to Build Self-Esteem
- Lean the 8 A's of Building Positive Self Esteem in the Present
- Learn about Strokes and how to use Affirmations & Validations
- Learn how to give Positive I-Messages
- Learn how to reduce Negative Self-Talk
- Learn how to get your needs met by setting personal standards,
personal boundaries, and making personal & professional life goals.
- Understand the importance of using Humor
- Practice experiential exercises in building self-esteem
- Identify the Resources to use for further education/learning/building
especially SELF ESTEEM BOSTON (Call 617-983-1111
Learn the skills of listening, confronting,
and problem-solving in order to maintain or improve
your relationships with your family, friends, colleagues, and/or clients.
- Learn how to Active Listen effectively
- Learn how to give I-Messages: Disclosing, Responsive, Preventive,
and Confrontive...also Positive
- Learn the 6-Step Model of Effective Problem-Solving
- Learn how to constructively manage conflict
- Identify the 12 Roadblocks to Communication and how to avoid them
- Identify (your) non-verbal communication messages and how to be
congruent verbally and non-verbally
- Practice - Practice - Practice Communication Skills
- Identify Resources for further learning and information
To Register For
Worshops,Trainings, or E-courses,
Subscribe to Gear Up For Success, a free email newsletter filled with support and inspiration to help you Get Your Life in Gear!
TO EXPERIENTIAL PAGE
RETURN TO INDEX